Effective Date: March 4, 2021
1. The Collection, Processing, and use of Personal Data
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, date of birth, bank details. The types of information we collect when you use the Site depend on the features you use on the Site. “Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, device, or household. For example, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We collect, process and store your personal data as part of your JEOFROI membership.
- Personal Data categories contained in customer records, which may include name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, passport number, tax code, or any other payment and financial information for billing. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, or process an order. For example, we need your payment information when you purchase products and services from us. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as age or gender. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information or to provide relevant services and advertising. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
- Commercial information/purchase data, which may include records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, such as details on purchased items (e.g., size, price, discount, model, collection, calculated spending level, abandoned cart items, etc.) or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, marketing, and to respond to an inquiry or process an order. For example, we keep track of your purchases to create a purchase history. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
2. What about cookies? What are cookies?
- We also use Facebook and Instagram tools to measure your use of our Site, tailor our Site to your interests, and improve our products and services. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent.
3. How we collect personal information:
Whenever you give us your personal information we will use it in accordance with applicable privacy laws and for the purposes set out in this policy, on the data entry forms you complete, in any relevant terms and conditions and on pages or emails which link to the data entry forms.
- To perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of our Services to improve our relationship with our customers by personalizing your site experience where possible, allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
To improve our service to you in responding to any of your customer service requests;
for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base to improve our relationship with our customers;
- When you interact with the Site. As you interact with and use the Site, we may automatically collect your personal information, e.g. your internet, technical or other similar network activity. We may also collect personal information by using website cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive your personal information from third parties, which include:
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity from analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram; and
- Identifiers and commercial information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
Sharing Personal information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with domestic or foreign third parties including our agents, service providers, and consultants as needed for them to provide business-related services to us. Such third parties may manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud monitoring, identity verification, processing credit card payments, email or mail delivery and administration, promotion fulfillment, surveys or data analysis, etc. We ask third parties with whom we share your information to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours and applicable law and we provide them with only the information they need in order to perform their services for us.
- We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other domestic or foreign promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
- We may work with domestic or foreign third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Site in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices. See above in the “Cookies” section for more information on our collection, how it is used, and how to opt-out.
- Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
5. Consent to transfer
If you are visiting our Site from a location outside of the U.S., such as the EU or other regions with data protection laws that differ from those of the U.S., please be aware that your connection may be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our server and other internal systems located within the U.S. or otherwise as described above. You acknowledge you understand that by providing your personal information to us, your personal information (i) will be used for the uses identified above in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and (ii) may be transferred to the U.S. as indicated above, in accordance with applicable law. By using the Site, participating in any of the services, and/or providing us with this information, you acknowledge this transfer, which may not offer the same level of data protection as the country where you reside, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Lawful bases on which we process your personal information
we collect and use personal information when we have a lawful basis to do so as follows:
- To register you as a new customer.
- At your direction and with your consent.
- To fulfill contracts we might have with you. This includes, for example, if you make an order through the Site.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To administer, operate, provide, maintain and protect our business and our Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, as well as ensuring that unauthorized users do not access information on our Site).
- To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To send you relevant information about our events, news announcements or promotions.
- To enable you to complete a survey or participate in a promotion, survey, event or other marketing campaign organized by us.
- For other legitimate business purposes, where legally permissible. This includes, but is not limited to, legal compliance and the purposes described above.
- To contact you in relation to all of the above purposes described above.
- To comply with a legal obligation. For example, to comply with the law or respond to a legal process or lawful request, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If there is any change in the purposes for which we collect your personal information, we will inform you of such change. If you wish to obtain an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purposes, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this Privacy Statement. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
6. Your California Privacy rights & How we respond to “Do not track” signals
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request and receive certain information about a company’s disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties for their own direct marketing use, and your choices with respect to such disclosures and we do not sell the personal information of children under 16 years old. The right to request deletion of your personal information, subject to certain legal exceptions; and the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights mentioned above.If you still wish to learn more about our compliance with this requirement, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this Privacy Statement. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request additional information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agents must have permission to submit requests on your behalf. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Collection and use of information from children under the age of 18
The Site is not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 18 and, in the event that we learn that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services and to comply with our accounting and legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
7. Third-Party Advertising
We may use advertisers, third-party ad platforms, tracking technologies and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Site and to improve the performance of our advertising across the Internet. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather Personal Data about your visit to our Site or other websites (such as through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website. Please visit their website here and here to learn more.
We take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any personal information you provide to us. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure due to the inherent risks of data transmission over the Internet. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
9. Privacy Changes Statement
We reserve the right to amend all or part of our Privacy Statements from time to time. The version published on the Site is the version currently in force. Changes to our Privacy Statements are communicated by placing a notice on the Site stating “Revised Privacy Statement(s).” Changes to our Privacy Statements will be effective immediately once published on the Site unless otherwise noted. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will notify you by prominently posting the changes on our Site as described or by using the contact information you have on file with us. Your use of the Site following any amendments, indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Statements. We invite you to periodically review our Privacy Statements to be informed of any relevant changes, especially before providing any data to us.
10. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email or by mail using the details provided below:
1202 W Peachtree ST
Atlanta, GA. 30309